Create your vision, we’ll take care of the rest.
Whether you are filming a feature-length film or a thought-evoking short, we can provide legal advice from conceptualization to execution.
We will work with you to ensure that your creative deals are done right the first time, whether you have contract negotiations or need to understand copyright and intellectual property. We also provide advice on regulatory and administrative matters involving the Canada media Fund, CAVACO, CRTC and Telefilm Canada. Your success is our priority.
Film & Television Law Solutions:
- Film due diligence, errors and omissions review
- Specialized tax credits, including Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit (CPTC), and Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit (PSTC)
- Associated with tax credit, specialized types of bank financing
- Securities law to raise money from the private market, e.g. friends and family
- Proof of title review
- Synchronization Licenses
- Theatrical Releases
- Canadian Content and production services arrangements
- Scriptwriter, Director, Talent and Location agreements
- Shareholder and Partnership agreements
- Management and recording agreements
- Distribution and broadcast agreements
- Financing and security agreements
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Intellectual property strategy